Alex James' Farm, The Cotswolds
Friday 24th - Sunday 26th August
We're looking for a friendly team of volunteers to greet customers as they enter the site, issue their wristband and help with directing them to the right area. For this we only need a very small team of around 60 people, so make sure to apply early to avoid missing out.
As the majority of volunteers are required to help with guest arrivals, the shift patterns will be a little different to other festivals we work with. Nearly all volunteers will be asked to help for a long shift on Friday (up to 8.5hrs max) and then shorter shifts over the weekend. These shifts could total a maximum of 18 hours, although most will be less. We will arrange shifts fairly so that everyone gets plenty of time to experience what's on offer around the festival site.
We will need all volunteers to arrive on site Thursday 24th Aug so we have time for a briefing and site walk and are prepared for customer arrivals on Friday.
If you have any questions about volunteering at The Big Feastival, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Please note, for anyone who has not volunteered with Wicked Events within the last 3 years, there will be a deposit payment required on application. Please see deposit terms below for more information.
• Free access to site
• Free access to the campsite
• Free crew T-Shirt (to be worn on shift)
• Opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills
• Light refreshments
• Being part of and supporting this unique family-friendly festival
We are looking for cheerful, polite and enthusiastic people to assist with greeting guests to the site. So as you will be one of the first people our audience may interact with, we want theirs (and your) experience to be a positive one.
Deposit Payment Terms
Anyone who has not volunteered with Wicked Events before will be required to pay a deposit payment of £100 which will be refunded in full after the festival. There will be no booking fee, so as long as you complete your volunteer shifts, you will receive your full deposit back.
How the deposit scheme works
1. Fill in the volunteer application form.
2. Once you submit your application form, you will be redirected to our deposit payment service (Stripe) which will have already selected the correct deposit amount and populated some of your details based on your application responses.
3. Complete the payment form.
4. You will receive two e-receipts to your email address. One for the application and a second for the deposit payment.
5. Once you have completed your volunteering on site, a refund will be issued back to the account you paid from. If your banking details change before a refund is issued, please let us know so we can ensure there is no delay in getting the deposit payment back to you. Please note refunds can take up to 10 days to appear on your statement from the date they are issued.
The deposit must be paid using the stripe on line payment service and at the same time as the application is submitted.
What happens if I am not accepted onto the team?
If for any reason we decline your application to join The Big Festival volunteers team, a full refund will be issued, and the transaction will appear on your statement within 10 days of issue.
What happens if I need to cancel my place on the team?
If you need to cancel, you must inform us via email as soon as possible. Refunds will be issued as follows:
• Cancellation within 14 days of submitting your application and deposit payment - A full deposit refund will be issued.
• Cancellation after 14 days of submitting application but before Wednesday 18th July 2018 - Your deposit will be refunded less £20 administration fee. (i.e. £80).
• Cancellation after Wednesday 18th July 2018 but before Friday 17th August 2018 - Your deposit will be refunded less £50 cancellation fee. (i.e. £50).
• Cancellation after Friday 17th August 2018 or if you do not attend the festival and have not informed us, or do not complete your volunteer shifts, or breach any of our terms of engagement (see application form) - You will lose your entire deposit payment.
What happens if I need to cancel due to medical reasons?
Each cancellation will be assessed on an individual basis. If you need to cancel your volunteer place due to medical reasons, a full refund will be issued subject to you providing a letter from a medical practitioner.
If you have any queries about the volunteer deposit scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org